A Five Star auto loan could be a smarter choice
Is a car dealer’s 0% financing better than a credit union loan? Maybe, maybe not. When you read the fine print, 0% or other dealer financing offers may have limitations like these:
- “0% financing available for credit scores of 800 or above.”
- “Offer may vary by location.”
- “Down payment is required.”
- “Length of contract is limited.” Can you afford the monthly payments for a 36-month or other short-term loan?
- “Cannot be combined with any other coupon or promotional offer.” This is important: with 0% dealer financing, you may not be eligible for rebates worth thousands of dollars. You may save money with a credit union loan rate that’s slightly higher than a 0% dealer rate, due to the lower purchase price with the applied rebate.
- “Subject to vehicle availability; must take delivery from dealer stock by this date.” If the specific model and options you want aren’t available during the promotional period, you’re out of luck.
As an informed consumer, make the choice that’s best for you. There’s no cost to research pricing using our online TrueCar Car Buying Service. Select the vehicle(s) you’re interested in and provide your contact information. Certified TrueCar dealerships will provide actual pricing so you can choose your best deal and the location that’s convenient for you.